Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oregon Coast Aquarium

I had a bit of fun taking pictures at the Oregon Coast Aquarium. It was cold and rainy, but fun none the less.the jellyfish were amazing and surprisingly took great pictures thru the thick plastic and water...

shrimps - who knew that Oregon had the most sustainable pink shrimp fishing methods around. I didn't. There was an exhibit about it in the waiting area for the bathrooms.
Salmon fish. I believe this one is a Chinook Salmon.
I don't know what kind of fish this is the underside of, its just a neat picture I thought...

There was a swamp exhibit going on, opens up with this great big Anaconda
Giant crabs in a giant black tank
The Giant Octopus didn't really like my flash, he proceeded to run away and hide in the corner after I blinded him with my flash. Sorry Octopus.
Love the otters, the plastic was so wet and thick it was hard to really get a picture of him. He was hamming it up and checking us out thru the window...
while his buddy was taking a nap

5 comments:

Naomi said...

Wow! The jellyfish is amazing! The octopus too! Nice;)

Stereoette said...

wow... if you get tired of glass you have a future as a marine photographer. I really love these underwater shots.

rosebud101 said...

Leah, great photos! I think the jelly fish were my favorites!!!1

Anonymous said...

Leah, your photography at the aquarium is beautiful. We don't make the trip down there often enough so I thank you for the visit!

But mostly I just totally have enjoyed your images. Great job you!

Unknown said...

I have never seen the giant octopus there. i didn't believe that he really existed, thanks for proving that he does!