Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Organics Produce Home Delivery

Yesturday I received my first ever box of produce delivered to my door by Organics to You.

The picture doesn't really do it justice, I got the least expensive box (I'm cheap and my eyes are usually bigger than my stomach, so I thought this would be a good place to start) and it was full of all sorts of goodness. I started putting things away in the kitchen before I stopped to take a picture!

Heres what I got: 2 Nectarines, 3 Black Plums, 2 Peaches, 1lb. Red Grapes, 1 head of Lettuce, 1 bunch Chard, 1 bunch of Celery, 2 white Corn, 1 bunch Cilantro, 1 Onion, 1 bunch Green Onions, 1lb. Red Potatoes, 1lb. Zucchini and a whole bunch of sugar snap peas!

All of this delivered to my door (delivery included in the price of the produce) for $27.

I love all the local organic farming around Portland and the farmers market is one of my favorite destinations... but honestly - I really don't have the time very often to go. For years I have meant to sign up for Organics to You, and now I have - and its making me smile for ear to ear.

I am cooking at home tonight!!

P.S. If you would like to sign up too - use me as a reference :) I get a bonus box of produce I think!!
.

1 comment:

LeaKarts said...

Wow, that's good! I'll have to check them out!