Sunday, May 17, 2009

Portland Saturday Market in the News

This is a picture of the media frenzy that was out on the waterfront park yesterday in Portland Oregon. They were all set up with their cameras pointed at my booth! Sam Adams, Mayor here in the city of Portland, came and welcomed us to the new site and said a few words.
The city commissioner and also the head of the Portland Developement Committee also said a few words and expressed their welcome to the artists and neighbors. It was fun to hear about the history of the site and wonderful to be reminded of the bonds that make this city so wonderful. Good neighbors, unique art, delicious food and amazing scenery all come together to make Portland the best city in the country to live in. The new Portland Saturday Market site honors the history waterfront park (as they dug up the site they found old stone balasts that the ships used to use for weights back in the days of the original Portland harbor) and the site showcases our art in a way that truly honors the artists. I couldn't be happier.

I was interviewed by KATU channel 2 news, my enthusiam for the new site was shared with the whole city this morning via the local news. :) I still haven't seen it, but friends told me it aired this morning and I did well. In the picture below you can see Paul (the head of our market) being interviewed as well.

2 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

Amazing! I saw your booth standing there like a beacon in the front. Wow! What a great spot! And an interview? awesome!

I was over in ankeny which I LOVE. I had a really good weekend and lots of foot traffic and loud drumming! That little parade they had was very fun and festive.. I wish I got it on video. :)

LeaKarts said...

That is so awesome!!! What a perfect weekend for it weather-wise, too. I'll have to see if I can find your news-spot online!