Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Apple Floating in the Sky


On Friday last week I saw this apple floating in the sky as I was driving home. I called Tim and said "wanna meet me at Portland Nursery? the apple festival is on!" and next thing I knew I was parked in a sea of kids with painted pumpkins and adults carrying heavy sacks of apples. Tim pulled up on his bike and we proceeded to fill our bellies with apple tastings and fresh pressed cider. I did manage to hit right when school had let out for the weekend. So there were 2 zillion little kids around the nursery. I know, I have great timing. It may have been a little crazy, but it was fun :)


I didn't have extra camerage on me and my little canon ran out of batteries, so I am going back this week to take more pictures...

Saturday and Sunday I was at the market again as usual. The weather was sorta peppy, a little breezy, but not bad. My booth stayed sunny and nice. I always love decent weather down at the market, nice customers and friendly times.

Sunday was sorta cold in the morning, I had a most wonderful bowl of soup for breakfast. Its made by the nice lady behind the Thai Food booth at the Portland Saturday Market. I love her soup on cold mornings. Its the best breakfast ever.


It was the Portland 2009 AIDS walk on Sunday morning, very moving to see so many people walking together for this cause.

I just thought I'd share a few pictures from my weekend. I've been busy as usual. Lots of vending, lots of teaching classes, and taking classes! Last Thursday was my first day of class at Mercy Corps NW! Oh and lot and lots of creating. Whew.



I have to give a big shout out to mother nature for a beautiful Portland fall weekend. I'm gonna try and relax a bit today and enjoy.

No comments: