Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Day of Museum Hopping

Oh my I have had a pact day. After doing a bunch of work this morning (still trying to get work done on projects - get all packages out in the mail with tender loving care - whew!) Tim and I took advantage of the day (Tuesday is supposed to be my weekend)

We stopped for a meal at Bijou cafe (um... yummy grilled anise orange gibassier from the Pearl Bakery)

Then we went to the Contemporary Craft Museum where there is a glass exhibit by artist and physicist Melissa Dyne and in the gallery there was some amazing glass. I was most impressed by a fully functional glass spinning wheel made by Andy Paiko - truly amazing!

We made a small stop at Powells book and then headed over to the Portland Art Museum. There is an incredible exhibit of Klaus Moje's work. There even was a fun video of him working, and a heap of glass artists (including myself) sitting in front of the screen intensely watching. You can already feel all the glass artists in town, the art museum was full of them :)

I wanted to get to the Japanese Gardens as well for the glass exhibit there (maybe there will be time tomorrow if I cross my fingers) - there are so many great glass opportunities around Portland right now, its sorta insane!

No comments: