Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Flickr


Primary Colors
Originally uploaded by Norby
I cannot say enough good things about Flickr. Try typing "Burningman 2007" into the Flickr search engine and put the pool of pictures on slideshow - its better than TV.

Pictured to the left is a mobile that I sold at an Etsy craft show in Portland - the husband took this picture and posted in on his flickr page... turns out he works with flickr :) what a small world

Using flickr made me bond with my camera. Now I carry it with me all of the time and I'm always on the lookout for something interesting to take a picture of, much including my own glass artwork.




Heres some pictures I posted on Flickr from this past weekend since I last checked in on the blog...


Saturday:
Portland Saturday Market
this is my booth set up

I sell my work here most weekends of the year. Its very interesting, and an incredible opportunity. I meet so many different people its truly incredible. The PSM is the #1 tourist destination downtown there, so we deal with thousands of visitors every weekend. March-Christmas Eve. I've done it for 5 years now.



Sunday:
Race for the Cure
47,000 attended officially

truly sad and brilliant all at the same time. there were LOTS of people. and the sheer quantity of honey buckets was incredible.





Monday
in the evening I had a beadmaking class at Aquila - I taught these lovely ladies the beginnings of making beads. we seriously had a good time

1 comment:

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

I've never really gotten into Flickr but I know so many people that LOVE it! Your photos are great. I'd LOVE to come by your booth someday! :)