And I have a great new description of the Chakras (thank you Aimee! You rock!) that will now be included with the purchase of this design of mobile! Yeah for that! Heres a condensed version to give you a taste of goodness:
The Chakras - Short Version
Chakras are the energy centers of the body. Imagine them as whirling wheels of light and color -- each charka relates to different emotions and systems in the body. They have no physical structure and can shift around the body, but are most often visualized running down the midline of the body.
There are seven primary chakras:
- The root chakra -- muladhara -- is represented by the color red. This chakra is located at the base of the spine or the groin. It governs the sense of the body and our connections with the family we were born to and/or raised in.
- The sacral chakra -- swadhisthana -- is represented by the color orange. This is the sexual and creative center.
- The navel chakra -- manipura -- is represented by the color yellow. This chakra governs digestion, both of food and of life experiences.
- The heart chakra -- anahata -- is represented by the color green. This is where the physical and spiritual halves of the self meet. It is also where strong emotions (like love and hate) reside.
- The throat chakra -- vishuddha -- is represented by the color blue. This is the chakra of communication, both spoken and unspoken.
- The third eye or brow chakra -- aina or anja -- is represented by the color indigo. Located on the forehead, this chakra governs vision, insight, and intuition.
- The crown chakra -- sahasrara -- is represented by the color white. It is located at the top of the head. This energy center connects us to a higher power.