Monday, January 12, 2009

Bullseye Reactive Glass

Bullseye Glass has a few new reactive colors, a reactive white and a reactive clear. This afternoon I was in the resource center here in Portland and I snapped this picture. They had made a really wonderful display of the "reactive" effects.
From top to bottom: (click on the picture to enlarge and see detail)
  • the top pieces show copper foil under clear glass, on top of white (looks blue) vs on top of the reactive white (looks coppery)
  • the middle pieces are silver foil on the reactive glass, to the left is reactive clear (isn't that effect insane!) and on the right is reactive white
  • the bottom pieces of glass are reactive clear and reactive white, with turquoise and cranberry on the samples to show reaction (stringer, powder and frit)
For all of the glass fusers who may read this blog and do not live in Portland, I thought it would be fun to share this. I love the new reactive clear. Its yummy. My favorite reaction is with the turquoise frit. But thats just my opinion. :)

1 comment:

Combustion Glassworks said...

reactive CLEAR?

it is bad to have proximity to Bullseye is 75% of the reason I want to move to PDX?

I am jealous my friend... jealous.!