Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Urban Craft Uprising 2009 Here I come!

This will be my first experience with Urban Craft Uprising - and I am very excited about it! I am driving up on Friday with my dear friend Aimee and we are going to go the Art Museum to check out the Calder exhibit (I have been looking forward to this for weeks!) and then to the exhibition hall set up my little booth in the afternoon... Saturday and Sunday will be two days of vending. I do hope people in Seattle want to buy some mobiles for holiday gifts... that would be awesome. Otherwise its going to be an expensive holiday vacation! ha! I have high hopes and I'll be bringing as much of my glass art with me as humanly possible!

If you live in the Seattle area - come on out this weekend! The first hundred people in the door each day get free bags of gifts from the artists - and they are no chumpy gifts of business cards and whatnot... these bags will be filled with real goodies (there were strict rules we had to follow in our contributions, everyone had to put in real creations and coupons, not just business cards!)

Some Background info on the show (from their website):

Since its early beginnings at its first holiday show back in 2004 with just 50 crafter booths and overflow crowds, Urban Craft Uprising now holds the largest indie craft event in Seattle and the Pacific Northwest with its Winter Show. In 2008, Urban Craft Uprising's annual Winter Show saw over 8,000 attendees and over 130 crafters, artists and designers from around the world.

No comments: