Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Falling Ginkgo Leaves

Ginko mobiles have been wisking through my life. Jan and I are working on some more ginko printing later today.

Why does my spell check want to spell ginko ginkgo - is that right?! Seems odd to me, but I have always been a terrible speller. This latest batch of ginkgo mobiles that Jan and I printed and I put together for this last weekend have birds perching among the leaves. The imagery of the ginkgo leaves, which evokes symbolism of memory as the leaves are used by some herbal practitioners to increase blood flow to the brain, improve attention in patients and possibly slow the onslaught of Alzheimers (although this was proven to be ineffective by multiple studies - I was just checkin this out in Wiki). Anyhow, the little birds in the mobiles are funny - as Jan says "its the auxillary memory for their tiny pidgeon bird brains!"


Birds sitting on lines and falling ginkgo leaves, in greens and neutral tones. Its just lovely, and popular. So we are making up more creations this evening.

Its always wonderful to find good homes for fun creations like these. I am so thankful to meet great people down on the waterfront at the Portland Saturday Market on the weekends. Its quite satisfying when my work finds good homes, I think its one of my favorite parts of what I do. So let me take this opportunity to say Thank You!

No comments: