Sunday, December 28, 2008

the Snow has Melted!

This is a picture of what is left of my snowman. We used beer caps for the buttons. All that snow melted in what seems like 24 hours. First there was slush, threats of floods and whatnot, and then there was nothing. Amazing. That was a lot of snow.
The general all purpose store by my house, my useful grocery FredMeyers (the one 0n NE 102nd) is a flat top building - well all that snow and ice collapsed the roof! Saturday morning they found that during the night the roof and ceiling had collapsed and flooded the entire store. So dramatic! Everything was all roped off and I could see employees pushing water out and machines pumping stuff thru the roof. Oh my. Heres a picture!Other than that though - life is way less dramatic now. No snow to deal with. Everything is open again. Hopefully tomorrow I will get mail again. Yeah.

1 comment:

Curly Girl Glass said...

Frosty gone bye bye.
that's pretty funny with the "buttons" and carrot just sitting there!